Arc Machines M81 Orbital Welding head
Arc Machines M81 Orbital Welding head available to hire from Orbital Welding Supplies, Daventry
Various guide ring sizes in stock – please call.
The Model 81 is a full function orbital pipe weld head featuring programmable AVC (Arc Voltage Control), Torch Oscillation (weaving), onboard Wire Feeder and Travel in a very compact package.
The Model 81 has found widespread use in a variety of applications that require high quality welding results in applications with limited axial and radial clearances. Common uses for the Model 81 include shipbuilding and high-pressure steam piping in fossil fuel power plants and many other applications. The Model 81 can be equipped with a wide variety of options to allow its use in specialized applications that include remote arc viewing vision systems and fillet welding options.
The Arc Machines’ Model 81 is a field-proven weld head which represents the culmination of over 35 years experience in the successful design and development of precision low-profile orbital welding heads. The Model 81 in its standard configuration will weld pipe from 1.9″ OD to 5.563″ OD with as little as 1.750″ radial clearance and 6.325″ axial clearance. Our unique clamping assembly increases production rates by minimizing the mounting and dismounting times of the weld head to as little as 30 seconds each.
- Extremely compact, rugged weld head with 200 A water-cooled torch and body
- Mount/dismount in as little as 30 seconds
- Range from 1/2” to 5” schedule pipe
- Rotation speeds from 0.1 to 10 IPM (2,5 mm – 250 mm/min.)
- On-board wire feed mechanics, synchronized pulsed wire feed
- Servo-controlled rotation
- Servo-controlled AVC
- Servo-controlled synchronized wire feed
- Servo-controlled torch oscillation and dwell
- Electronically controlled torch steering
- 200 A Torch with Video Camera for welding in hazardous environments
- AVC Tilt: Allows the AVC motion of the torch to work in the same plane as the torch tilt, to weld flanges, sockets and similar joints
- Adapter Kits for 1/2″ pipe through 1.90″ OD
- Spool Holder for larger, 4″ spools (with increased radial clearance)
- AVC/OSC Interchange with torch tilt used for mud drum and superheater header welding
Compatible with the AMI Model 227 and Model 415 Power Supplies.
Arc Machines Model 81 Website here
Arc Machines compatible power supply available to hire here